Why choose Hiscox buildings insurance?
We provide unlimited cover for buildings which means we’ll pay whatever it costs to replace any loss or damage to the building structure. For certain claims, such as tracing and repairing a leak, there’s a maximum amount we’d pay, but the cover we provide is still higher than most other home insurance policies.
You’ll also benefit from:
- Alternative accommodation if your home can't be lived in because of damage that we agree to pay out for. We'll pay to house your family and pets, up to £150,000 over 3 years.
- Garden cover up to £25,000 to fix garden damage. We’ll pay to remove fallen trees, fix any damage they cause and also pay up to £1,000 per any one plant, tree or shrub.
- Exceptional claims service - Over 96% of customers surveyed who have made a claim would recommend us (Insight Now, 347 surveys, Jun-Nov 2016)
What does our buildings insurance cover?
We provide cover for sudden and unexpected events that damage the property itself, such as fire, subsidence, water damage or explosion. Our buildings insurance provides cover for all your home including the roof and walls, any items that are fixed to its structure, and any outbuildings. For certain claims, such as tracing and repairing a leak, there's a maximum amount we'd pay, but the cover we provide is still higher than most other home insurance policies.
Things that might not be covered by your policy include damage caused by wear and tear, rust, rot, fungus or mould, normal settlement, and other things that happen gradually. Find out more in our cover details.
Optional cover you can add to your policy:
- Accidental damage covers you for accidental damage whether you’re at home or away. Accidental damage was the cause of 1 in 5 claims over the last 3 years.
- Home emergency cover gives you up to £1,000 of cover per claim for emergency repairs at your home, all arranged by us and carried out by one of our approved contractors.
- Renovations and extensions cover provides comprehensive protection for your home if it’s undergoing building works over £75,000. Hiscox Home Insurance automatically includes cover for building works up to £75,000.
- Legal expenses cover protects you and your family with up to £100,000 to cover the cost of negotiating and pursuing your rights against a wide variety of legal problems.
- Optional no-claims discount protection allows you to make one claim per policy year without reducing the no-claims discount you've built up with us – this can go up to 25% for remaining claims-free for 5 years or more.
If you suffer loss or damage to the building of your home, simply call our award-winning claims team. In the event of major loss or damage we may not be able settle your claim immediately, therefore we'll assign a dedicated Claims Underwriter to your case who’ll handle your claim from start to finish.
How much is our buildings insurance?
The cost of our buildings insurance can vary depending on many factors. For example, where you live, the age of your property, the number of bedrooms and bathrooms you have, your property’s construction, and your previous claims history. We’ll look at these factors to provide a personalised quote for you.
Learn more about Hiscox Home Insurance