We offer a range of products so that you can choose the cover you require and build a policy to suit your needs.
Cancellation and abandonment
Whilst there will always be practical measures you can take to avoid cancelling your conference or exhibition, circumstances could arise that are beyond your control. Cancellation and abandonment cover can help protect the financial investment you have made in several areas including:
- if you’re forced to curtail or abandon the event half-way through, our policy can refund an appropriate proportion of your expenses
- if a problem arises during your event’s build-up we can pay additional expenses to keep the event going ahead (e.g. helping you find an alternative venue for example).
- If you fail to vacate the venue by the agreed time
- If you are required to return fees to exhibitors, sponsors and delegates
- If you are forced to cancel, postpone or relocate an event due to damage to the venue e.g. fire or flood
You can also choose to extend your cover to include risks such as lost profits, loss of revenue due to dramatically reduced attendance relating to a common cause such as a transport strike, terrorism, and adverse weather for outdoor events.
It’s easy to overlook the fact that some property losses might not be covered by your existing business insurance. Property damage insurance:
- covers both your property, and any property you may be legally liable for such as hired marquees or audio visual equipment. It also covers damage to the venue’s fixtures and fittings
- cover can also include equipment damaged in transit, or stolen from the venue.
- Public liability insurance protects you against legal claims for accidental injury to attendees, and for damage to a venue or an attendee’s property. Many venues require organisers to hold public liability to use their venue.
- Employers’ liability insurance covers the cost of claims made against you if an employee, volunteer, or temporary member of your staff is injured whilst working at your event. Employers’ liability cover is mandatory for most companies in the UK if you have staff.
|Get a quote with Hiscox Event Assured|
|One off events where you would prefer to make a payment by cheque|
or bank transfer, or multiple events
For further help contact us on
0800 840 2469
01206 773 940
Mon - Fri, 9am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays