Exhibitions and conferences
If you’re organising an exhibition, conference or trade fair, planning for the unexpected could mean the difference between making a profit or making a loss.
What if industrial action hits the public transport system on the day of your event and attendance was significantly reduced, resulting in unhappy sponsors and exhibitors complaining the event has been a poor investment and has not met their expectations. Not only is your profitability at stake but so is your long term reputation.
Hiscox Event Insurance can help protect you against the unexpected whether it’s a problem with the venue or other events outside your control.
Why choose Hiscox Event Insurance
- With over 30 years’ experience of insuring events, we understand the risks that event organisers face
- We can tailor a policy specifically to your circumstances and, if you plan to run a series of events, we can cover them all under one policy, saving you time and money
- We are members of the leading event industry associations – AEO, ABPCO and ICCA so we understand your industry and have developed specialist cover to suit your needs.
Why you might need event insurance
- To protect your irrecoverable expenses or loss of profit if your event is necessarily and unavoidably cancelled, curtailed, postponed or abandoned.
- You could face legal claims for accidental injury to attendees or for damage to the venue or a delegate’s property. Many venues require organisers to hold public liability insurance to use their venue
- You could face a legal claim if an employee, volunteer or temporary member of your staff is injured whilst working at your event
- Damage to, or the theft of your property, venue fixtures and fittings, or hired property at the event, might not be covered by your existing business insurance.
|One-off events with expenses up to £50k|
|One-off events with expenses or revenue up to £100k – please use our Business and Charity proposal form|
|Multiple events or events with expenses or revenue more than £100k|
Please note that we have updated our pre priced proposal forms to reflect the new 9.5% rate of Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) effective from 1st November.
For further help contact us on 0800 840 2469
From mobiles or overseas call: +44 (0) 1206 773 940
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays
One-off events with expenses up to £50k
One-off events with expenses or revenue up to £100k
– please use our Business and Charity proposal form
Multiple events or events with expenses or revenue more than £100k