Business and charity events
If your business or charity is holding an event, even the best laid plans can be disrupted by the unexpected.
Organising and holding an event, whether it’s a conference, exhibition, trade fair or charity dinner, can be a stressful experience but have you considered what would happen if the event was cancelled because of bad weather, or a member of the public, or one of your employees had an accident at your event and decided to sue?
Hiscox Event Insurance can help protect your business or charity from many of the risks that come with organising an event.
Why choose Hiscox Event Insurance
- With over 30 years’ experience of insuring events, we understand the risks that event organisers face
- We can tailor a policy specifically to your circumstances and, if you plan to run a series of events, we can cover them all under one policy, saving you time and money
- We are members of the leading event industry associations – AEO, ABPCO and ICCA so we understand your industry and have developed specialist cover to suit your needs.
Why you might need event insurance
- If you have to cancel or abandon your event, who will pay the expenses you have already incurred?
- A member of the public could sue you if they have an accident when attending your event (many venues require organisers to hold public liability insurance)
- If an employee, volunteer or someone working for you at the event, is injured they could also sue you (employers’ liability cover is mandatory for most companies in the UK if you have staff)
- Your property, venue fixtures and fittings, or hired property at the event might not be covered for damage or theft under your existing business insurance.
If you are organising a conference or exhibition with expenses or revenue exceeding £100k, please click on 'Exhibition and conferences'.
|One-off events with expenses up to £50k|
|One-off events with expenses or revenue up to £100k|
|Multiple events or events with expenses or revenue over £100k|
Please note that we have updated our pre priced proposal forms to reflect the new 9.5% rate of Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) effective from 1st November. If you wish to insure an event before that date, then please contact us on the telephone number below and we will arrange for your policy to be subject to the current rate of Insurance Premium Tax at 6%.
For further help contact us on 0800 840 2469
From mobiles or overseas call: +44 (0) 1206 773 940
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays
One-off events with expenses up to £50k
One-off events with expenses or revenue up to £100k
Multiple events or events with expenses or revenue over £100k