Call our UK-based insurance experts to get your business insurance quoteCall 0800 781 3052
Hiscox Business Insurance for SeedLegals customers
Your business is unique so we want to help you find the right insurance to suit your needs. Whether you are running your own company or working as a contractor, we have developed a range of products to protect small businesses like yours against the risks you may face.
SeedLegals customers benefit from a 20% discount on all Hiscox Business Insurance products.
Hiscox Business Insurance
Professional indemnity insurance
Professional indemnity insurance means peace of mind for you and your clients if things don't go exactly to plan. Whatever business you’re in, you work hard to provide the best service you can and that’s what your clients expect.
Public liability insurance
If you run a business, anyone can make a claim if they believe they’ve been injured or that their property was damaged by you or your employees. Public liability insurance guards against claims that can cause stress and cost you time and money.
Employers' liability insurance
Employers’ liability insurance makes sure you’re covered if anything happens to your employees as a result of the work they do for you. It gives you peace of mind as a business owner and it reassures them that you’re serious about their welfare.
You can also call our UK-based insurance experts to get your business insurance quoteCall 0800 781 3052
More from Hiscox
Personal accident insurance
Personal accident insurance is designed to protect your business financially should you suffer an injury from an accident that leaves you unable to work. It can also offer protection against the same happening to a key member of staff.
You may need personal accident insurance if you:
- are concerned about how your business would survive if a key member of staff was unable to work
- want to take steps to protect your business income
- need to continue to meet your business commitments should the worst happen.
Whether you work from home or a separate business premises, having the right insurance cover for your office is important. We understand that every small business is different so we offer policy options you can tailor to your own specific needs.
Our business contents insurance covers the cost of replacing or repairing your office equipment if it is accidentally damaged, lost or stolen. In addition, you can also add a range of specialist covers to your policy: portable equipment, business interruption, equipment breakdown and buildings.
Cyber and data risks insurance
Cyber and data risks insurance is designed to support and protect your business if it experiences a data breach or is the subject of an attack by a malicious hacker that affects its computer systems. It provides comprehensive cover, simplicity, reputation protection and a trusted partner in the event of a claim.
You may need cyber and data risks insurance cover if you:
- hold sensitive customer data, such as names, addresses or banking information
- are reliant on computer systems to conduct your business
- have a website
- are subject to a payment card industry (PCI) merchant services agreement.
Business HR Solutions
Running a small business is time consuming, especially when you have to combine your day-to-day projects alongside business administration and paperwork. If you employ staff, the paperwork increases and you must also keep up to date with the legal requirements that come with being an employer.
As a Hiscox Business Insurance customer you can add-on access to employer advice from Business HR Solutions to any of our policies. Business HR Solutions are experts at delivering HR support to small businesses, providing advice and resources that help minimise the legal risk of employing people. The service is designed to keep you up-to-date and help you stay on top of changes in human resource and health and safety legislation, as well as providing templates and guidance.
Directors' and officers' insurance
As a company director, by law, you have unlimited personal liability. Directors’ and officers’ liability insurance covers the legal and compensation costs of claims made against the director, partner or officer of your business.
Commercial legal protection insurance
Commercial legal protection insurance protects your business against legal claims including tax enquiries and disputes over employment, contracts and bodily injury. It covers the cost of legal advice and defence and any compensation you may need to pay.
If you have any questions about Hiscox or would like to know more about the business products and services we offer in the UK, please call us on 0800 781 3052, 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday.
Alternatively you can email us at [email protected]
To cancel a business insurance policy, you need to give us 30 days’ notice and pay the premium due up to the cancellation date.
Make a claim
If something goes wrong, we’re here to put it right.
Need to make a claim?
Terms and conditions apply, for full terms and conditions see below. SeedLegals is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Hiscox Underwriting Ltd who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. For UK businesses only.
Terms and conditions
SeedLegals is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Hiscox Underwriting Ltd who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. For UK businesses only. Policies are underwritten by Hiscox Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd. Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. If you do not fit Hiscox underwriting criteria for this scheme, Hiscox can refer you to a specialist broker. For UK businesses only. Terms and conditions apply.
These terms and conditions explain how you are allowed to use this site and the operation of this site by Hiscox Underwriting Ltd, Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd and Hiscox Syndicates Ltd (“Hiscox”).
By accessing any part of this site you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions in full. As this website enables you to transact business with us, the terms and conditions may be different to those on other Hiscox websites. Please take time to review these terms and conditions carefully.
- All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material (including text, photographs and other images and sound) contained in this website is either owned by Hiscox or has been licensed to Hiscox by the rights owner(s). You are only allowed to use this website and the material contained in the website as set out below. If you wish to do anything else with any of the material you must get the written permission of the rights owner. If you need any assistance email us at [email protected].
- This website contains trademarks, including the Hiscox name and logo. All trademarks included on this website belong to Hiscox or have been licensed to Hiscox by the trademark owner(s) for use on this website. You are not allowed to copy or use any of these trademarks in any way except as set out below. If you wish to do anything else with any of the trademarks you must obtain the written permission of the trademark owner. If you need any assistance email us at [email protected].
What you are allowed to do
- You may access any part of the website to which access is open to all users.
- Access to some parts of the website is only possible by password, for example to retrieve an insurance quote. You may only access these parts of the website if you have a valid password.
- You may print off one copy only of any individual page for your own personal use, as long as you do not do any of the things set out under “What you are not allowed to do”; unless it is explicitly designed for that purpose.
What you are not allowed to do
- Any purchase of any insurance product(s) available through this website will be subject to these terms and conditions and the relevant policy terms and conditions.
- You are responsible for deciding whether any of our products or services are suitable for your purposes. Please read the relevant policy terms and conditions carefully before buying any insurance policy. If you need any advice before buying any insurance policy please contact an independent financial adviser or insurance adviser.
- This website includes links to external websites. It also includes email links to a number of suppliers of services and/or products. These links will help you find relevant services and/or products quickly and easily. You are responsible for deciding whether any of these services and/or products are suitable for your purposes. Hiscox is not responsible for the suppliers of these services and/or products or the goods or services they supply or for their website content and does not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations in relation to any of these.
- All data information text images and layout are the exclusive property of Hiscox and must not be e-mailed, networked, shared, republished, reproduced, transferred or copied (other than for reasonable personal professional use e.g. audit trails or backups). All copyright intellectual and other property rights shall continue to be held by Hiscox and no rights of any kind shall pass. Any attempt to damage the site or act in contravention of these Terms and Conditions may give rise to legal redress and Hiscox Insurance Company Limited reserves the right to seek damages from such perpetrator.
Changes to terms and conditions and disclaimer
- Hiscox may change the terms and conditions and disclaimer set out above from time to time. By browsing this website you accept the current terms and conditions and disclaimer. You should check these each time you revisit the site.
Changes to/operation of website
- Hiscox may change the format and content of this website (or of any insurance products or services offered via this website) at any time.
- Hiscox may suspend the operation of this website (or suspend provision of any insurance products or services offered via this website) for support or maintenance work, for content updates or for any other reason.
- Hiscox reserves the right to stop access to this website (and to products and services offered via the website) at any time and without notice.
Purchase of products available through this site
- Hiscox Underwriting Ltd is registered in England no. 02372789, at 1 Great St. Helen's, London, EC3A 6HX Hiscox Insurance Company Limited is registered in England no. 70234, at 1 Great St. Helen's, London, EC3A 6HX.
- All quotations given through this website which are specifically described as ‘indicative quotes’ are intended as an indication only of your likely premium based on the limited information provided. They are not binding quotations. The premium quoted may vary once your full details have been submitted.
- All statements made by you or information given by you to Hiscox are your responsibility. If you fail to disclose any relevant information or provide any inaccurate information, this may invalidate your insurance policy.
- Once you have submitted a proposal for insurance via this website, the proposal will not be accepted (and you will not be insured) until you receive confirmation from Hiscox. This confirmation may be through the website or by email, telephone or post.
- The decision as to whether to offer you insurance cover is at Hiscox's discretion and we are not bound to do so. In assessing whether or not to offer insurance cover in response to proposals submitted via this website, Hiscox will not refuse the proposal only because of automatically processed personal data. If the proposal is rejected by any automated decision making process, then the proposal is referred to people employed by, or on behalf of Hiscox.
- The above referral process does not apply where a proposal is automatically refused because the type of cover requested is not offered by Hiscox through our website, for example where the level of cover requested is above the maximum level of cover available through this website. It is based on the restrictions set for the insurance products available through this website, however, this type of automatic refusal is not based solely on automatically processed personal data.
- You may cancel your insurance in accordance with the relevant policy terms and conditions.
- Once insurance has been effected by Hiscox (including any insurance effected following an update of an existing policy), Hiscox will promptly confirm with you that this is the case. Hiscox will also advise you of the relevant insurance premium and any fees or charges which are payable separately.
- Hiscox will also provide you with a copy of the policy schedule.
- Hiscox will notify you in writing of any changes to the terms and conditions of your insurance policy and will give reasonable notice for any changes which are due to commence.
- You should keep a copy of all information sent to or received from us for your records.
- Hiscox will try to reply promptly to all correspondence. We may reply by email or in writing.
How we handle complaints
If you have a question or complaint, you can contact us in one of the following ways:
Hiscox Customer Relations
The Hiscox Building
York Y01 7PR
By email: [email protected]
We will try to resolve your complaint straight away. However, if it requires a more in-depth investigation, then we will aim to give you our final response within eight weeks. If for whatever reason this is not possible, we will contact you to explain the reasons why and let you know how long our investigations are likely to take.
If you have bought your insurance online, you can also register your complaint with the Online Dispute Resolution (external link) website, which has been set up by the European Commission.
- This website is for UK residence and businesses only.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and are to be interpreted in accordance with English law and in the event of any dispute arising in relation to these terms and conditions the English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over such dispute