As a self-employed interior designer or garden designer, you come up with original designs as well as source and supply a wide range of products for your clients. Your clients rely on you for your creativity, but also for your specialist knowledge of materials and techniques, and they make decisions based on the professional advice you give.
Why do you need professional indemnity cover?
Because you provide a professional service to clients, you could be at risk of being challenged on the work you deliver. It could be the overrunning of a project which means an event can’t go ahead as planned. Or a product that you’ve sourced that turns out to be not fit for purpose. If a client brings a claim against your business for compensation, you’ll want a professional insurance policy in place that defends and protects you.
That’s why we’ve built on our specialist business insurance knowledge to offer professional indemnity insurance for garden and interior designers. It's tailored to the needs of consultants or small businesses carrying out design activities and can help protect you against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with the work you have done for them.
Why choose Hiscox PI insurance for interior and garden designers?
You'll be protected against the risks most common in your industry, including cover for:
- negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- your source and supply of products – for example if it later turned out the product supplied was not appropriate for the task it was required to perform
- breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven't specifically excluded it, it's covered
- infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- infringement of copyright that you own – up to £25,000 in legal costs to pursue a claim that someone has infringed copyright you own in work you've created through your business, for example if somebody copied one of your designs.
More about Hiscox professional indemnity insurance >
We'll defend you
If a claim is made against you, and we think you have a reasonable chance of defending it successfully, we have the duty to defend you. This includes defending the entirety of a claim, even if some parts of it are not covered by your professional indemnity insurance policy. Get peace of mind that should a claim be made, you can focus on what you do best and leave our experts to deal with the complaint. We will deduct the costs incurred in defending the non-covered portion of a claim from the final settlement.
Protect your hard-earned reputation
Hiscox professional indemnity insurance for interior and garden designers includes free crisis containment cover. This provides access to specialist public relations support if a covered claim looks likely to damage the reputation of your business. So, should the worse happen, you can let the experts manage your response to events while you focus on running your business.
We want you to understand the PI cover we offer for interior and garden designers.
Download interior and garden designers professional indemnity summary of cover (PDF)
Download interior and garden designers professional indemnity policy wording (PDF)
Not your industry?
More profession-specific professional indemnity insurance >