We know you always aim to deliver the best service possible, but if a client feels that you have failed to meet your duties you could be held liable and your business and professional reputation could be damaged. Our professional indemnity insurance policy for estate and letting agents includes specialist policy wording to protect you against the risks you face in your specific profession.
Our professional indemnity insurance policy for estate and letting agents protects you against the cost of settling or defending a claim from a client that there is a problem with the work you have done for them. Our professional indemnity insurance policy is tailored for estate agents (including RICS and NAEA members), letting agents and property managers.
Why choose Hiscox professional indemnity insurance for estate agents?
You will be covered for:
- negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- matters referred to any property ombudsman or to arbitration – including The Property Ombudsman or through the National Approved Letting Scheme
- defence costs for proceedings brought against you under the Property Misdescription Act 1991 or the Estate Agents Act 1979
- infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.
More information about Hiscox professional indemnity insurance >
We’ll defend you
If a claim is made against you, and we think you have a reasonable chance of defending it successfully, we have the duty to defend you. This includes defending the entirety of a claim, even if some parts of it are not covered by your professional indemnity insurance policy. Get peace of mind that should a claim be made, you can focus on what you do best and leave our experts to deal with the complaint. We will deduct the costs incurred in defending the non-covered portion of a claim from the final settlement.
Protect your hard-earned reputation with Hiscox insurance for letting agents
We understand the importance of a good reputation in your industry. Should something happen to affect this, it’s vital to take the appropriate measures to ensure things can be put back into place as quickly as possible. That’s why Hiscox estate and letting agents professional indemnity insurance includes free crisis containment cover. This provides access to specialist public relations support if a covered claim looks likely to damage the reputation of your business. So, should the worst happen, you can let the experts manage your response to events while you focus on running your business.
We want you to understand the PI cover we offer for estate and letting agents.
Download estate and letting agents professional indemnity summary of cover (PDF)
Download estate and letting agents professional indemnity wording (PDF)
Not your industry?
More profession-specific professional indemnity insurance policies >