As an engineer you’re used to designing bespoke solutions. Using our knowledge of the risks you face, Hiscox has designed an industry-specific professional indemnity insurance policy which is tailored to the needs of your profession.
If you are an engineer working in areas such as building services, electrical inspecting, heating or ventilation, our professional indemnity policy can help protect you if a client claims that there is a problem with the work you have done for them.
Why choose Hiscox engineers professional indemnity insurance?
Cover is provided for:
- negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- disputes caused by your breach of a duty of care referred under the Housing Grants Construction and Regeneration Act 1996
- criminal defence costs relating to a regulation or statute which applies to your business, such as the CDM regulations
- infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- negligent misstatement or misrepresentation – making a mistake or error when providing information
- civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.
More information about Hiscox professional indemnity insurance >
Do I need any other types of insurance?
When it comes to engineering, insurance can offer vital protection against a number of elements that could have a dramatic impact on your work should things go wrong. When considering what other insurance cover you realistically need as an engineer, it helps to assess the most likely risks in the work you do and how you would cope should things go wrong. For example, if a member of the public were to bring a claim for compensation against you because they’d tripped over tools you left on the pavement, you could benefit from having previously taken out a public liability insurance policy. And if you worry about how your business would cope financially if you or a key employee was unable to work due to an accidental bodily injury, you may find peace of mind in covering your business with a personal accident policy.
For more about Hiscox’s business insurance for engineers >
We want you to understand the PI cover we offer for engineers.
Download engineers professional indemnity summary of cover (PDF)
Download engineers professional indemnity policy wording (PDF)
Not your industry?
More profession-specific professional indemnity insurance policies >