Get the right protection for your needs
As a freelance or contract compliance officer or manager, you provide advice and support on how individuals and businesses can comply with laws, regulations, and policies. In doing this you help to ensure good governance and the mitigation of risks for your clients.
A key risk for anyone working in your industry is that you fail to adequately advise your clients about significant regulatory requirements leading to investigations and, potentially, fines. This could result in a claim being brought against you for negligence.
Our professional indemnity insurance policy for contractors and freelancers providing compliance services protects you against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim that there is a problem with the work you have done for them.
Why choose Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance for compliance services
Our policy provides cover for:
- negligence or breach of duty of care – making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- infringement of intellectual property rights – for example using content from a website or publication without permission
- breach of confidence – sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- civil liability – if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven’t specifically excluded it, it’s covered.
More about Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance
We’ll defend you
If a claim is made against you, and we think you have a reasonable chance of defending it successfully, we have the duty to defend you. This includes defending the entirety of a claim, even if some parts of it are not covered by your professional indemnity insurance policy. Get peace of mind that should a claim be made, you can focus on what you do best and leave our experts to deal with the complaint. We will deduct the costs incurred in defending the non-covered portion of a claim from the final settlement.
Protect your hard-earned reputation
Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance for compliance professionals includes free crisis containment cover. This provides access to specialist public relations support if a covered claim looks likely to damage the reputation of your business. So, should the worst happen, you can let the experts manage your response to events while you focus on running your business.
Winner 8 years running
Get a professional indemnity quote online
- 0% interest on Direct Debits
- Immediate coverage and documentation
- No admin fees if you amend your policy
Need more help? Speak to our UK-based experts. Call us on 0800 2800 351
Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm, Sat, 9am to 2pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls are free from a landline and some mobile contracts
What is your profession?
Find out more about the professional indemnity insurance covers we offer to a wide range of professions in the list below. If your profession is not listed, please see our professional indemnity insurance policy for other professionals.