Get immediate cover for your business
Public liability insurance covers you for the cost of a claim made by a member of the public that has suffered injury or property damage as a result of your business or a product it has supplied. This means that it protects you against the cost of compensation to be paid out, as well as the legal expenses incurred by the claims process.
To help protect you, Hiscox can provide small businesses with public liability insurance as a standalone policy or it can be purchased together with our range of business products including Hiscox Employers' Liability Insurance.
Who is this for?
- Any business who visits their clients, or who has clients visit them
- Sole traders, freelancers and contractors
- Limited companies and limited liability partnerships
When could it benefit you?
- Your business could be sued because a visitor slipped and sustained injury whilst at your premises
- You could damage a client’s property whilst on a business visit
- Protects against allegations of injury or property damage
How much cover should you consider?
- The level of cover you need depends on the risks your business faces through interactions with clients or members of the public
- You should consider how much legal fees and compensation could cost you
- It’s worth checking if your clients’ contracts require you to have a minimum level of cover
*figures based on policies from at least 10% of our liability customers