What is personal accident insurance?
Personal accident insurance is designed to protect your business financially should you suffer an injury from an accident that leaves you unable to work. It can also offer protection against the same happening to a key member of staff.
For example, you may worry about how your business would cope if you were to suffer a serious injury in a car accident, leaving you bed-ridden for a prolonged period of time. Likewise, a partner or director in your business may fall down a flight of stairs and sustain multiple injuries, keeping them in hospital for several months. With personal accident cover in place, your business would receive a lump sum or weekly pay-outs to help offset any resulting loss in income, as well as further support towards retraining costs.
You may need personal accident insurance if you:
- are concerned about how your business would survive if a key member of staff was unable to work
- want to take steps to protect your business income
- need to continue to meet your business commitments should the worst happen.
How Hiscox personal accident insurance protects your business
- lump sum payment to the business up to £100,000 if an employee sustains a physical injury as a result of an accident, either within or outside working hours, which results in their death or permanent disablement
- recruitment expenses up to £10,000 – cover the cost of replacing an insured employee who is unable to work following accidental injury
- retraining budget – we will provide up to £10,000 funding to retrain the affected person for an alternative occupation if they cannot continue their former job
- funeral expenses – up to £5,000 to cover funeral costs, which would also cover repatriation costs if required.
Read more about Hiscox personal accident insurance cover information >
Build one comprehensive insurance plan
With Hiscox business insurance you can pick and choose which policies you feel you and your business need, so you’ve got one tailored plan in place. This may include public liability insurance, employers’ liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, cyber and data risks insurance and personal accident insurance. You may also benefit from things like office insurance, which can include portable equipment cover, if you work with expensive computers or equipment.
We want you to understand the personal accident cover we offer.
Download personal accident insurance summary of cover (PDF)
Download personal accident insurance policy wording (PDF)