Hiscox treatment and professional liability insurance provides cover for compensation you have to pay if a client claims they have suffered an injury or illness as a result of a treatment or advice they received from you.
It protects beauty therapists and complementary therapists against risks such as:
|Malpractice||Any bodily or mental injury, disease or death of a client caused by a negligent act, error or omission by you in the performance of your business activity, such as using the wrong product or technique.|
|Negligence||Failing in your duty of care to your client, such as giving incorrect advice or making a mistake in your work.|
|Dishonesty||A director, employee or self-employed freelancer contracted to you is involved in a theft from the client.|
|Libel or slander||Using or producing any material about other companies or individuals that may cause offence or damage.|
|Breach of confidentiality||Sharing confidential or commercially sensitive information without consent.|
Find the right level of cover for your business
When working out the right level of cover for your business, you should consider:
- the main risks you face in the performance of your business activities
- the maximum compensation that could be awarded against you
- the potential cost of legal defence fees if you had to defend a claim
- whether you have any contracts or professional requirements which require you to have a certain level of cover in place.
Treatment and professional liability insurance claims
If you know a client has a problem with your work and it’s likely to give rise to a claim against your business for compensation, you must let us know as soon as possible. Prompt action could minimise the problem and avoid unnecessary legal costs and distress.
More about how to make a claim >
You should also contact us to let us know if:
- you receive a complaint from a client or realise you have slipped up somewhere and can’t easily resolve the problem
- a client withholds payment to you after a complaint
- you become aware of a shortcoming in your work that you can’t easily put right.
Our beauty and complementary therapist liability insurance can be bought as a standalone product, or to protect you against claims of accidental injury or damage not relating to your treatments but as a result of your business, for example a client slipping on a spilled drink when in your treatment room, we offer public liability insurance. This would protect your business against the cost of defending or settling a claim for compensation from a client or member of the public if they suffer an injury or damage as a result of your business.
More information on Hiscox public liability insurance >
Quote and buy today
To get a quote for treatment and professional liability insurance, please call and speak to one of our business insurance experts.