Don't leave their future up in the air.
This information is aimed at insurance brokers. If you are a pilot, instructor or trainee, please visit www.hiscoxglobalflying.co.uk to buy your policy online.
For those considering a challenging and exciting career as a professional pilot, the significant cost involved in obtaining a commercial pilot licence is a key consideration.
Hiscox Global Flying can offer valuable and inexpensive protection against the possibility of incurring considerable debt if a trainee pilot is unable to complete their course and recover all or part of the fees as a result of accident and/or illness.
Who we can insure
The policy is available for individual trainee pilots as well as aviation training schools, which can offer their students protection against the possibility of the individual being unable to complete their course as a result of accident and/or illness. Such a tangible benefit could give an aviation school a distinctive and important advantage over other competitors.
We understand the benefit of clear policy wordings so that trainee pilots and flight schools and any financial institutions involved have clarity regarding the coverage in place. Our standard policy includes:
- Up to £120,000 lump sum insured
- Living expenses benefit
- Worldwide cover
- Gap cover should illness or injury prevent newly qualified pilots from seeking initial employment as a commercial pilot
- Loss of licence conversion without further application
- Loss of Training Expenses – proposal form (Word) – 13665
- Loss of Training Expenses – policy wording (PDF) – 11525
- Loss of Training Expenses – medical questionnaire (Word) – 13644
For Group Loss of Training Expenses inquiries, please contact us on [email protected].