A lost licence needn't cost the earth.
This information is aimed at insurance brokers. If you are a pilot, instructor or trainee, please visit www.hiscoxglobalflying.co.uk to buy your policy online.
Aircrew undertake years of hard work and incur considerable expense to obtain an aviation licence. However, a pilot or air traffic control officer’s career and income are at risk if they are prevented from carrying out their duties because of a serious injury or deterioration in health.
Loss of licence insurance provides financial help in preparing for an alternative career if an aviation career is brought to an abrupt end. Our policy is available to individual pilots and air traffic control officers on a voluntary basis if coverage is not provided by their employer, or if they want additional 'top up' coverage in addition to an existing group policy.
Our cover is also available on a group basis to airlines, unions or groups of pilots wishing to provide this benefit to their employees or members. Loss of licence insurance for group schemes overcomes many of the limitations encountered with more traditional group insurance products, such as permanent health and critical illness insurance, which may offer only restricted cover and reduced benefits.
Who we can insure
We can cover any individual or group of commercial fixed or rotary wing pilots, flight instructors, or air traffic control officers holding a current licence and who is gainfully employed, and actively at work.
- Lump sum payment
- Monthly temporary benefit option
- Continuous coverage
- Full psychological illness cover option available
- Market leading cover for alcohol and drug related illnesses
- Worldwide cover
We offer the highest quality products while allowing our clients the flexibility to select the coverage level appropriate to their budget.
|Psychological disorder(s)||100% sum insured||excluded||50% sum insured||100% sum insured|
|Previous disabilities excluded||prior to inception||prior to inception||60 months prior to inception||24 months prior to inception|
|Temporary total disability||option available||option available||180 days excess period||90 days excess period|
- Pilots: Loss of Licence (Word)
- Air Traffic Control Officers: Loss of Licence (Word)
- Groups: Loss of Licence questionnaire (Word)
- Pilots: Loss of Licence - wording (Word) – 11527
- Air Traffic Control Officers: Loss of Licence - wording (PDF) – 5589
- Loss of Licence - medical questionnaire (Word) – 13643
- Essential Loss of Licence - wording (PDF) – 6321
- Extra Loss of Licence - wording (PDF) – 6320
- Elite Loss of Licence - wording (PDF) – 6282