When it comes to insuring your UK second home, there’s no need to compromise on cover just because you’re not there all the time. If your main home is insured with Hiscox, we can insure your second home too – giving each the same high-quality buildings and contents cover.
To help make sure you're never underinsured, we'll provide both properties with unlimited cover. This means that whatever the value of your loss, you can be confident you're covered. You only need to list any items, pairs or sets worth £15,000 or more and give us a total value for any jewellery, art and collections. For certain claims, such as the loss of money while away from home or tracing and repairing a leak, there's a maximum amount we'd pay. However, the cover we provide is still higher than most other home insurance policies. Visit our cover details page to learn more.
Both properties will be on the same policy so you'll just have one document to file and one premium to pay. All you need to do is call and tell us a few details about your second home, such as its address, the type of property and the total value of its contents, and your cover will be up and running in no time.
Most aspects of your policy will apply to both properties. For example, if you chose to keep accidental damage cover and add legal expenses cover to your main home policy, these covers will apply to your second home too. Home emergency cover is applied per property so you can choose to add it to your second home, regardless of whether or not you've taken it on your main home.
Key benefits of our second home cover:
- Unlimited cover – the total amounts we'll pay for loss and damage to your buildings and contents are unlimited unless stated otherwise in your policy documents
- No need to list any individual items, pairs or sets unless they’re worth £15,000 or more so you don’t have to spend time listing everything you own
- Accidental damage and loss is included as standard – both at home and while away from home, unless you removed this from your main home policy
- Home office cover – if you added this to your main home policy
- Legal expenses cover – if you added this to your main home policy
- No claims discount protection – if you added this to your main home policy
- Optional home emergency cover – £1,000 of cover per claim for emergency repairs at your second home
To find out more about the cover that applies to both properties, read your Hiscox Home Insurance policy documents >
Is this the right cover for your property?
Second home cover is suitable for properties in the UK that are used at least once every two weeks. If your property is used less frequently than this, our UK holiday home cover might be suitable for you.
Quote and buy today
To speak to one of our UK-based insurance experts, please call us on: 0800 247 1902